My baby and I

My baby and I

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I turned 25. Oh, and its a perfect place to introduce my new awesome friend, Annalee!!

Okay. So my job has pro's and con's right? Well pro, is I get to meet some pretty cool people. Con is I also meet some pretty crappy ones. But I have made an awesome awesome friend out of it! and her name is Annalee.

So.. Its kind of funny actually. Um.. her dog bit someone. And we ended up talking forever, and everytime I went to follow up we kept talking for ever about everything under the sun. And then we started hanging out outside of work.. and then our kids are like the cutest little friends ever.. and... pretty sure she is one of the best things that happened in the last year!

I had to go to her blog to steal a bunch of pics, since I never take any! This is Annalee! This is us on her bday! She is so cute :)

 
Our cute kids!
 
 
 
She has such a sweet personality, she will bend over backward to help me with anything. She is a great listener, has a great outlook on life. Is such a good mom and pursuing her goals in life. did I mention great friend?
 
On Annalee's birthday, Samarah and I were over there hanging out, and I didn't know it was her birthday! so her family brought cupcakes out and we sang. and I just mentioned in passing (I didn't even remember I had said it until she does this awesome thing later) that I have always wanted those trick candles that re start when you blow them out! And that no one had ever done it for me on a birthday cake.. I would try to drop big hints to Chris, actually I just flat out told him but he never remembered around my birthday. Neither did my family or anyone else lol.
 
Well, its my birthday. and Annalee texts me happy birthday, which I was surprised that she remembered! Because she really hasn't known me that long so I was impressed! Well she said she had a card for me, and I was out driving around and said I'd stop by and she told me she was busy and she would run it by my work.. Well I left work a little earlier than planned because I had a half hour to burn and I was going to get my hair dyed.. She came to my work like right as I left..
 
I was like if its just a card I can get it later! she was adamant that she give it to me on my actual birthday. She was being crazy I'm like woman its really not that big of a deal you already remembered my birthday as it is!
 
It gets better.
 
So as I am sitting there she is texting me and she says she is going to bring me my card, all the way from Springville to Orem. For a card? I really tried to talk to her out of it and she was not having it. She drove to Orem, we met in Target parking lot.. She was with her hubby and kids.. she made me sit in the cab of her truck with her husband and made me close my eyes. forever, it felt like. At this point I know its not just a card..
 
She tells me to open my eyes, and BAM there were lighted cupcakes in front of me. She sings happy birthday to me which had something along the lines of 'happy birthday to you i'm' glad we met because my dog bit someone, happy birthday to you' or something like that haha. Anyway, I blow the candles out..... and they freaking re-light.
 
I started crying. I tried to hold back, but after we left, I bawled.
 
They re lit over and over and I kept blowing them out and I'm crying and thanking her.. then she gives me another pan of cupcakes to share with my family.
 
And she wasn't freaking done yet!!
 
She gave me two wrapped gifts!! and lotion!! and THEN she gives me the card, that was supposedly the only reason she was coming to see me! No wonder she had to see me on my birthday!
 
So, why was I bawling? I don't know, because its something that seems so stupid and little, trick candles on a birthday cake. But I have wanted them for so many years, like as long as I can remember. It meant so much to me. I don't even know why, its just candles! she went way out of her way to make my birthday so special! And she planned on doing this in the lobby of the police station ha fire alarms would have been going off!  I cried telling my mom about it later, and the next day telling my family. That feeling lasted for days, of how much it meant to me. Freaking candles!
 
She gave me picture frames, because, another thing I said in passing to this amazing woman, was that I wanted new cute nice picture frames to put the new pics up of me and Samarah. A fresh start with pictures of just her and I. So she bought me two picture frames.
 
Amazing.
 
Love you Annalee and I'm so glad I met you! Thanks for remembering the little things, they matter to me! Lets take more pics of us haha.
 
 
 







1 comment:

  1. Char I'm so happy you are so positive. Just stay strong and having a close friend will help with that. I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete