My baby and I

My baby and I

Monday, January 27, 2014

A random corndog day

Ok, so I'm trying really hard to be a better mom. To enjoy my daughter while she is in this stage.. instead of always being frustrated. I'm realizing that chores can wait, I need to go out and make memories.
 
Anyway, today we went on a walk! Low 40's and it felt like Spring! ha. Well I was going to walk up to Smith's to buy a ticket from Smithtix... I thought it was a mile.. well it was really closer to 2 miles.. and, neither Samarah or Casey had been on a walk for awhile and it was crazy and took forever for the first bit to get the  groove going.. Well we were walking past Weinerschnitzel and I saw an advertisement for a corn dog.. and I haven't had a corn dog in years! it was like noon and I didn't realize (because it had taken so freakin long to get there) so I decided to get some corn dogs. I got us a few corn dogs (left casey tied to a pole outside while I went in and ordered..) and we sat outside on a bench and ate them, we shared with Casey too!!
 
 
 
She smiles so so good!!

 
We got to Smiths, tied casey up outside and went and bought the ticket.. on the way back home she learned something interesting. About shadows!!  I don't know if she has just not really paid attention before.. but the angle/time of day/where we were walking.. Casey's shadow was huge and like right in front of her stroller and she kept asking me what it was. It took me a few blocks to figure out what she was talking about lol. Then I showed her her own shadow and mine (which were further back and hard to see from the stroller) and I showed her how she could hold her hand out and make shapes. It was kinda cool! It ended up taking us 2 hours and we went 4 miles! but it was fun. And definitely a good memory for mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment