My baby and I

My baby and I

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thoughtful 15 year old

 So I have a nephew named Chandon. He is seriously the most thoughtful, considerate teenager (I don't know if i'd go so far as to say I've ever met' but for sure one of the most that I know.

He is genuine, wants to help his mom all the time, would rather play games and go hiking with her than spend time with friends because he knows it means a lot to his mom.

I don't see or talk to him much.. so this surprised the crap out of me.

So I went to a family dinner, the ones that we have once a month. It was at my parents, and I was getting ready to leave and I open the back of my van.. and there is THIS sitting in the back with a note that says to: char






and i'm like where did this come from?
chandon was standing right next to me.. my dad makes stuff for me a lot but its usually something I've asked him for and I haven't asked for a bookshelf.. and I didn't recognize the handwriting.. but it was time to go and I was trying to get the baby loaded and then i'm like chandon is this from you?? and he got all embarrassed.. 
well later my family filled me in.. he has been working on it for months in his wood class at school!! and its a NICE shelf! 

 


My house is pretty nice for being older.. and well proportioned in every room except the KITCHEN which is the room I wish was the best proportioned lol. The kitchen is built horrible. There is NO counter space. and it didn't help that I had to have the microwave on the counter because I had no alternative. or could not think of one anyway.

When its the family dinner it sucks when its time to serve the food because like if there is more than 2 people in the kitchen you can't move around, and when you have several different foods to put on your plate there is no room to set your plate down to get the other stuff.

Anyway, so at that family dinner he decided he wanted to make a shelf to put my microwave on to give me more counter space. what kid thinks of that? that's freaking rad!

So I got it all set up and it makes a WORLD of difference!! I feel like I have so much counter space now its so great. he is so sweet I can't believe he thought about me like that!

Thank you Chandon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment