My baby and I

My baby and I

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My bathroom is finished!

 
I have been a pretty good blogger these last few weeks :)
 
Except for just a few finishing touches.  This project has been interesting and also an eye opener. Even though it's a small bathroom. It was way more expensive than I thought! and that is like getting half the stuff and the labor for free! here is the finished product!!
 
 
Here is what it was before. I thought I had gotten more pictures of the bathroom before but this will have to do.
 
 
So lets go through a quick time line.. above was the laminate floor pieces. they were like pale green. The cabinet was what with like a cream top. The walls were pale green.
 
This is what it looked like after we ripped up the laminate. A LOT OF WORK AND A PAIN IN THE ASS


 
Thank you for Owen doing like all the work for me


                                     
           
 
Tile is done.. before it was grouted. See the hole in the corner.. we replace that whole section with new drywall.. just on the bottom half..

 
Right after grouting
 
Chris working on the drywall.
 
 
Ok so Chris finished up the drywall.. then Owen came over and textured the wall..
So I have a second job.. I nanny for a single dad. He is a carpenter.. so we traded babysitting time for a custom cabinet. He built a NICE real cabinet. I could not believe the cost of cabinets when I got looking at them.. especially for real wood and a good type of wood. BUT he made it bigger than my other one, so we couldn't use the same countertop. Which turned out to be a big pain in my rear and expensive. but its okay cuz the final product is absolutely amazing
 
 
I love it I got 3 drawers and all the space underneath with a shelf. Well once I realized my other top wasn't going to fit.. I went looking. my cabinet was not at all even near a standard size. So I went a few places and got quotes on a countertop.. and because it was so abnormal.. it was around 600 freaking dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!  For a dinky COUNTERTOP are you joking me?? and that was going with like the stuff that was two steps below granite so not even like high quality!! Holy crap no way!! but I was going to have do get something I needed a sink.. SO...
 
 
I was talking to a new friend about it.. and she was like oh my husband makes and installs granite countertops!! That worked out in my favor he gave me a KILLER deal :) lucked out on it. $300 bucks. And that turned out to be a pain because the carpenter cut off some of the cabinet when he installed it.. and when Granite guy came and measured he built the sink to the original... but carpenter installed it after that and took some off of the cabinet off. So luckily granite guy was able to cut some off of the countertop but it is really close and the tap hardly fits I can't get behind it at all.. but its there... and amazing
 
Well once I got all this nice stuff in.. I started putting my other stuff in and it looked crappy. So wanted a new light fixture (my other was just a piece of silver metal with the lights sticking out. can you imagine how it looked, ugh) oh by the way I painted my walls a tan color.
 
 
(above) So I found this light fixture at Lowes and totally fell in love with it. I found a few others and they were all inbetween 50-100 dollars. so this was 85 bucks.  GASP. luckily I had leftover rent money to pay for it with...

 
The shelf that is over the toilet was 40. the new shower curtain rod was 40. the faucet was 80.  plus the light fixture and all the little things. the baskets on the shelf together were 30.  it adds up FAST.
 
Oh and the plumber came and installed a new toilet too cuz my other one was not working very well.
 
So anyway I explained all that to you so that you were all on the same page as me. I couldn't have done it by myself and even though it was expensive and a hassle.. its so beautiful and i'm so grateful to everyone who helped me accomplish this project. its the first inside project that was completely redone.
 
It makes me want to redo more stuff but I can't afford it!!
 
So now you are up to date :)
 
 
 






1 comment: