My baby and I

My baby and I

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Halloween 2014












I am truly not a fan of Halloween. I've had some bad experiences and so anytime the holiday comes around, I could care less for it. But now that I have a kid, I need to start getting into the holiday at least for her. I work for a Police Department so I don't get to dress up at work, but I still did my hair in pigtails, which I felt really weird about lol.







So Chris and I had been talking about Halloween, and last year he took her trick or treating because he had the day off work. This year I took some time off so that I could take her, the day ended in disaster. I hate you Murphy! Damn you and your law! Anyway, I requested time off and had all these plans to spend time with her, and several child friendly events to take her to, Chris had to work, but then last minutes decided he wanted to leave work for a few hours and take her trick or treating, so we had to juggle some stuff around.



I love this picture of us! This was getting out of the car to drop her off at Daddy's house in the morning!

So I'm cheap, I'll admit it. I bought her a Minnie Mouse costume last year, and it was too big, so I just used it again. Like, the day before or something Chris had bought her an Elsa costume with lights and music in the dress, and it was big so he said she can wear it in a few years from now. But then he decided he wanted to take her trick or treating so she wore Minnie for me, then Elsa for him later.

The plan originally, was that I took several hours off, starting I think at 330 pm, I was going to go to Provo, pick up Samarah from the sitter, then drive down to Springville and do the safewalk Halloween to all the main street buisnesses. Then I was going to take her to the Provo Rec center to do this huge Halloween event. Well, because of Murphy, of course I did not get off work on time. I got stuck on a call where a deer was stuck in a fence and ended up being on that for quite awhile. Well, I still could have gone and picked up Samarah and just been late to the trick or treat, but then my babysitter had a vet appointment and had to leave and went to Orem, and by the time I would have had to drive to Orem to pick her up it would have been pointless. So I just waited until she was done, and I was really upset! I wanted so bad to make a good memory with her and I seriously was fighting tears.

My babysitter ended up taking her kids to the Rec Center and Samarah was still with her, so I just met her there. Samarah was so tired, and I was fighting emotions, and it wasn't fun and I left and went home because Chris was going to pick her up. So I changed her into her Elsa costume, fed her real quick and then Chris came and picked her up. Oh here are some other pics quick. Last minute costume idea for me was a scarecrow :)
Cute girl that was crabby by the time I got to see her :(

Love her smile, and love her dimple!

I happened to catch this picture, she is so tired I felt bad for her. This was either right before or right after Chris came to pick her up

Nanna made her own costume! pretty impressive skirt! Samarah loved it ha.

Chris took her trick or treating she got a bunch of candy! I was so sad I didn't really get to spend any time with her, I ended up taking her up to my sisters to sleep for the night because I had to work early the next day but I think she ended up having a good night, and she did get to spend time with both Chris and  I :)


Okay I had to add this picture because it is too funny, I look like a member of ICP! I told you, I was fighting back tears, and after Chris picked her up I totally had a meltdown!! My niece came upstairs and was like..' you look scary...' then I looked and had to take a pic.







I hope next year goes better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment