My baby and I

My baby and I

Saturday, April 27, 2013

VEGAS! Academy of Country Music Awards

This will be two posts, this post will be pictures in the places we stayed.

Ok. So. I listen to country music.. and they were giving away tickets to Country Explosion thats going to be out in Tooele in July. So I would call in when they told you too and I won a pair of tickets! Sweet! So everyone that wins tickets, their name got put into a drawing for this BIG trip to vegas. And there was a lot of winners. They probably gave away 10 pairs of tickets a day for like 2 weeks. Anyway, as  you can guess, my name got drawn out!!!!!

They called me on a Monday morning and had me live on the air and told me about it and I just about crapped my pants. Me? No way. Even when they said my name was going in the drawing I didn't think twice about it because what are the chances right?
The trip included this: airfare to Vegas there and back, 3 nights at the MGM GRAND HOTEL! tickets to the actual academy of country music awards that was aired on tv! tickets to an exclusive luke bryan concert, tickets to an after party, tickets to another concert.. Oh. my. gosh.


Well I had to have a name of who I was taking like asap. And I'm like woah hello i'm still trying to process this and I have to decide who i'm taking in the next 10 minutes? Well of course i think husband first, but he doesn't like country.. but its vegas.. but its all these country things.. So I run home and ask him, he said he doesn't want to go, he will be miserable with all things country. So I call my sister

It would mean taking time off work which she doesn't get paid for but this is a once in a lifetime thing.. she says HELL YES!!


(view from our window at night, amazing right?)

So I give the radio station mine and her information.. the trip is actually sponosere through a company called JD HAAS entertainment.. they met us at the airport, had signs, they were a go-to 24-7 we didnt' have to worry about anything


You walk into the MGM as a place of interest, I never thought i'd ever STAY there. I get those cheap rooms off the strip. It was amazing. I have never slept on a bed so comfortable in my life. I like mountain/nature view, I never thought i'd like a city view. but the view from our room on the 21st floor, was seriously amazing. Both day and night. My sister Dejah and I spent most of the time sitting in the window when we were in our room..


My sister being a nerd. We got pictures of the carpet for my mother to see since she loves flowers..



This was as you got off the elevator.. There were hallways stretching in every direction! this place is huge! We didn't take pictures of the outside of the building or the lobby since we already knew what that looked like


Fountain out of the lobby elevators






We were so lucky


In the next post i'll explain more about what we did, the concerts/people we saw..

The trip was called The Dream Trip of a Lifetime..  It truly was. I am so glad that I was able to take my sister, a single mom with SO much stress and anxiety in her life, on this trip. Normally a trip is stressful trying to plan the trip, worrying about directions, cars, where to go what to see. This was like all planned out for us, and the trip staff would answer whatever question even where to eat at 2am if we wanted.


All we had to do was show up. They paid for everything except food and souveneirs if you wanted them.






It does not look like it but our bathroom was way big!






It was a freaking blast, will follow up soon!

1 comment:

  1. I won this same trip in 2011 and it changed my life!!!! Check out my country music blog and you can find posts relating to this trip (as well as all the other years I continued going to the ACM's after thanks to the AMAZINGNESS of The Week Vegas Goes Country!) Have you been again since? I met so many friends that go every year!

    ReplyDelete