My baby and I

My baby and I

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birth details

I'm still trying to get the hang of this blog and I accidentially posted that without more details! I wanted to give a full description of her birth and everything but it would be far too long, so i will make it super brief. Samarah was born on August 4, 2011 at 11:43 pm. She was 7lb 6oz and 20 and 1/2 inches long! Her due date was July 31st, and let me just tell you.. every day past your due date feels like a lifetime!

I labored all day at work then checked in to the hosptial at 4pm and was dilated to a 5 1/2. I wanted to go natural... but contractions hurt so freakin bad! They are like nothing that can be described, women are amazing to go through it. I made it till i was dilated to a 7 1/2 and the contractions were no longer giving me a break, about 8 pm. I wanted to go natural cuz women did it for thousands of years and survived just fine.. but it is hard when you know being pain free is just a needle away! But i did last quite awhile!!

I pushed for 2 hours, she was posterier (sunny side up) she didn't budge, we used forceps and she finally came out!

 We didn't find out what we were having and it was so awesome to push and have Chris announce it! If I ever have any more kids (Which I can't even think about contemplating right now!) I don't want to find out what any of them are! it was so fun. I don't want to make this crazy long. I'll add more details in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment