My baby and I

My baby and I

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tile. bathroom. mold. What?

Ok so my fake tile in the bathroom was falling apart.. bubbling up and breaking and so I decided I wanted to put real tile down. Our toilet kind of sucks So i thought might as well do both. Then, my second job, I found out that the dad is a carpenter and so we are trading some work for a nice new bathroom cabinet. SWEET! so i'm so excited right? Never really done a remodel or any big home project besides yard stuff. I have heard that you always run across the unexpected, always costs more, always takes more time..

Well my friend from work came over to help me tile. We took toilet, cabinet, all that out. and we found MOLD! black mold! i didn't expect that! Luckily it wasn't too bad but it scares me how much is in there we haven't seen!



We rip fake tile up, and underneath is a nice level linoleum. we are like sweet we can lay the tile right on this it will be so easy..then we see the corner sagging.. and sticks a screwdriver and it just disinegrates. we thought it was subfloor. I said lets do it right. so we start ripping the linoleum off which was quite a process. turns out half of it was glued down.. and wouldn't come up.. spent so much effort trying to get it up and it was just breaking off in tiny chunks. i felt so bad i didnt want my friend to have to do this much work!! ugh!! Well he brought his 6 month old twin boys over and i was trying to watch them and help him.. Then samarah got up. she was so funny. she has never really been around babies and she like did not know what to do. she was like peeking at them, at so curious and she kept looking at me and saying 'baby'


Then she just plopped right down next to them, it was awesome. samarah kept taking the binky's in and out of theirmouth but it was entertaining to her and them lol.



Anyway, this is whats left, the dark stuff is the glued particle board that won't come up. So we have a lot more work ahead of us.. and we have to cut out some drywall and look at mold.. but i'm so excited and i'll keep you posted as we keep going and what the end result is!!

1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness!! What a mess!! Samarah sure looks cute with those babies tho!! Lol!! :-)

    ReplyDelete