My baby and I

My baby and I

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Easter!














Alright shall we move onto something positive with pictures for a bit?! Great! I just have so many emotions and want to share in case anyone runs across this blog that is going to gain some understanding or knowledge from what I've written and experienced, maybe some help with what they are going through. But I think we'll take a break. :)


So I passed a billboard this year that was advertising eggstravaganza or something at Young Living Farms in Mona, Utah. I saw the sign, and decided I was going.


Easter was not a big holiday in my family so I don't really think to celebrate it much. I am always working on the kids events but this year I decided to take the day off (okay half a day) so I could take her to go play.


My niece watched her in the morning and got her ready to go. I love this picture of her with Casey!


I heart this one too haha


Waiting in a VERY long line and playing in the dirt.

So we headed down to the event and it was awesome! Minimal charge to get in, and once you were in the majority of activities were free! Which was fantastic! Usually you have to pay to get in then still pay for everything else.
So she did the little kids easter egg hunt.. uh... way to easy for her smart little brain but still fun :)




She played in a bounce house (free) we waited waayy too long in line to get her face painted. But that's ok.

Its funny, all these things I learned from Chris. I am a penny pincher and hate spending money on things (unless its 'practical' in my mind, like tools for a project, or a house project or whatever). Chris would always tell me when we die we can't take the money with us, so spend it and live life and have fun. I really had a hard time grasping that concept because I have been taught to save, and its proven itself time and time again by having money in the bank,  I had a hard time letting go enough to spend a little to have fun.

Well, I am starting to understand the concept now. I am the type of person that would go to an event, but not spend a dime at the event. for example, the fair. I would pay to get it, but would not buy food, or pay to go on rides, or anything.
So, I'M TRYING. I tried to think like Chris, and what he would do if he were the one taking her. I took $20 in addition to what it cost to get in, and decided that it would be spent on whatever. It was hard to do at first, and $20 might not seem like much to you but I'm on a tight budget so it is a lot.. but you know what?? It was okay! and it was fun! we bought overpriced hot dogs and lavender lemonade and cookies, and we had fun!!

We pretty much spent the whole day there! She got to ride mini ponies...




                                          She got to meet the easter bunny







We looked at animals, and played at the park, and just enjoyed the day.




If the people that read this have followed my blog, then you'll know when I talk about how much I struggle with certain things regarding being a mother! I am trying to beat them and make every minute count, its a work in progress but this was probably one of the best starts I have had and its just gotten better.










Whenever actual easter was in relation to this ( cant remember if it was the next day or not?), we woke up Sunday morning, and a guy I was dating at the time, showed up with all these bags of gifts for Samarah. To be totally honest, I didn't even think about doing anything, its just not something that comes naturally to me! ( besides decorating eggs) So he had gotten a cute lil bucket, and the fake grass, and eggs and some dollar toys, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a kite, etc,. So we put them around the front yard before she woke up and she got to wake up and find them. Next year I will be better :)



Overall it was a good time and I look forward to planning something next year!!
Love her smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment